Tuesday 17 January 2012

My Work So Far - Peer Analysis


In today's lesson we did a peer analysis of each others work so far in order to get a better understanding of what features are good, and what features are not so good in our magazines so far. This helped us to get an idea of what we need to improve to make our magazines look to more of a professional quality.

The points that people though were good about my work were: 
  • Title font and design.
  • Layout of front page
  • Housestyle is good and everything is colour co-ordinated.
  • Text font and choice of positioning is good.
  • Continuity from front page to contents.
  • Layout.
  • Very good title and side stories.
The points that people thought weren't so good about my magazine and needed improving were:
  • There is too much white space at the moment.
  • The text on my model's shirt should be a different colour.
  • Model in the photo could be doing more to fit into the genre of music.
  • A few more straplines could be put in.
  • The picture doesn't look as good in black and white.
  • Picture needs to be repositionesd slightly.
Based on all of these comments I will be making some changes. I think that the main change I will make will be to my picture. I will try to adjust the colour of the photo and re-align it so that it fits in with the front cover more. If I cannot get it to look how I want it to, I may also take another photo with a better idea of how it needs to look.

I will also adjust the text on the bottom of the magazine so that you can see it clearer instead of it blending in with my model's top, and add some more cover lines to fill in the rest of the white space. I will also finish my contents page considering points made about my front cover so that I can keep a good house style etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment